Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 9: Overwhelmed

It is the ninth day since I started healing and I am frustrated and overwhelmed with the whole process.

I began with just the probiotics for the yeast infection, and now I am up to 3 pills, 3 teas, and two hour-long treatments a day in just 9 days. There has not been a single day where I have managed to fit every dosage in. Between running errands, exercising, herb hunting and studying, late night and early morning chat sessions with my overseas boyfriend, and a make-shift bathroom- kitchen (the entire kitchen is being remodeled) to prepare all my teas, I going a little insane. On top of that, cramming all the herbs on top of each other so that they fit into my schedule is amplifying the negative side effects of some herbs that do not play nice together, namely Licorice and Burdock.

Today I commuted 2.5 hours each way for a baby shower alone. I woke up late, rushed my morning dosages, skipped lunch and dumped a second round of dosages in an empty stomach. Then I gave into temptation
at a Walgreens and bought a large can of coconut juice, 2 large packs of gummi lifesavers (buy one, get one free) and 2 salt and chile tamarind Mexican candies (same sale). I don't even want to talk about the two goodie bags of food coloring and sugar I got from the baby shower. And of course no water.

I felt like crap. Headaches. Fatigue. Hunger. Stress. Dehydration. And probably also PMS.

This is only the second day of having every treatment on my plate, so I will give it a little time. Honestly, once I get a rhythm going I am sure I will be fine. I just needed to vent a little and maybe get a few episodes of the Daily Show in.

Wish me luck (and energy, patience, and sanity)

Penny Alchemist

No comments:

Post a Comment